It has been a tough week, the past few weeks. I have really struggled to remain positive and optimistic. I found that even listing a few thankfuls (yes, yes that is a word) when I remembered was not working.As usual instead of giving up, I upped the challenge. Ten things every single day. Not only that I set TWO reminders on my phone to remind me to post it to Instagram.
1. Crystals…especially new ones
2.BBQ. Sometimes a southern girl just needs some BBQ green beans and coleslaw
3. A wonderful thirty-minute meditation ritual
4. Princess P. I can’t stand how big she is getting and maybe in a little denial she going to be three in less than two weeks.
5. Amazingly beautiful day and park time.
6. Kid spying
7. Not having to make dinner
8. Chamomile and lavender body soap to calm the whole house down.
9. Taking time for beauty and poetry
10. Surviving the day
3. A good friend to enjoy nature with.
4. A good friend who will tell me hard truths even when I don’t want to hear them.
5. A talented artist friend who trusts my photography.
6. I survived two meetings today
7. Panera for dinner
8. Dinner also was a fundraiser for daughters chorale
9. Juicing all the fruit and veggies today
10. I survived til bedtime somehow
1. I got all my work done
2. I took time for self-care
3. I saw roseate spoonbills
4. I finished reading a book!!
5. Reading Still Alice helps me keep things in my life in perspective
7. Time to run to the grocery store minus kid after school has gotten out.
9. Friends who get me
1. A mostly good doctor appointment
2. Time in nature
3. Time to read and write poetry
4. Friends who know exactly what I need.
5. The most perfect supplement falling into my hands today.
6. I didn’t have to cook dinner
7. A shower alone
8. A new wand and new crystal books
9. Family dinners
10. That I survived another day
1. It’s Friday
2. I had time for meditation today
3. I had time for some nature time
4. Baxter got to run free for a bit
5. I got time to spend with squish and wear him
6. All three kids together
7.found princess p’s birthday present
8. Found the perfect shelf for my micro food area
10. Survived the day and no plans for tomorrow!!!!/
So fifty things I am thankful for, it seems to have helped. I have a bit better of an outlook now. Maybe I will try and keep it up……maybe next week I will have seventy!