I want to sit here and think it’s not my fault I have been so moody today. First it was grey and foggy and yucky this morning and second my time of the month is coming and third, we were out of coffee and milk for chai. Deep breath.
Well, I guess the responsible thing to do is-tell myself I am responsible for my mood. The sky has the right to be grey and dreary and even foggy. It’s not like my time of the month is a surprise. I mean really. The last part, I knew the night before we were out of those things. Aw crap suck it up buttercup.Look for the good.
1. I am thankful I have a job, even a small job, that allows me to stop and pick up lunch and milk. Oh and yes yes cat food too. The little buggers get really annoyed if they are not fed daily. It is more like a few small jobs but ….they do get the job done! Ha!
2. A great walk after having the kid tag along the last two weeks. It was nice to have a good pace again. I still wore squish but it was still a good walk. There was no nine-year old asking every two seconds if we were done yet. Although she did provide plenty of entertainment. Especially when she told me she was tired and needed a rest, So she ran ahead to the bench to sit. Because when I am too tired to walk anymore running is what I want to do!
3. I am just glad I managed to get the kid to school before the bell. To say it was a rough morning would be the understatement of the year.
4.Wednesday nights the kid and I co-sleep. It really does help her to get some snuggle time. She squeezed me and said you are an amazing mommy. Whatever I am doing, I am doing something right.
5.Walk with Karen.We had a good pace. We got a lot off our chest. We froze. Hey this is super cold for Florida. Perspective and all that. I know its colder other places. WE went from 80 degrees one day to 34 the next. That’s a pretty drastic change for anyone’s body to handle.
6. Lunch with friends I have known since middle school. and on that same vein. I am grateful each of my friends are in my life. Some help keep me honest. Even honest to myself. Some make me want to strive to be a better person and keep growing. I truly do have wonderful friends. Each one brings their own special talent to our relationship even if they don’t even know they have that talent.
7. Dinner out with husband and the kid. It was pretty awesome. We laughed quite a bit. The food was good. The company even better. We don’t get to do that often so when we do it’s a real treasure. The kid even re-discovered she does in fact like crab legs. When she was seven months until she was like eighteen months or so I worked in a fish mart. She had fresh fish,shrimp and crab to cut her teeth on. She inhaled it. It was very nostalgic to me that I was again cracking crab legs as fast as I could to feed her. She did learn how and was getting quite good at it. Even if there was crab juice and some meat on the wall and a on the floor. Somethings never change.
8. Chai. It may just be sacrilegious for a coffee lover to admit an obsession with Chai. It is true though. It is strong and spicy with cloves and ginger. No real worries because it does still have plenty of caffeine which we all know is the important part.
9. Starbucks. I am so glad I have found my mojo. It really is odd that I can just sit down here and spill out several blog posts. I have been talk to text emailing myself little tidbits from my brain when the words are bouncing around too much. I am still amazed though that just re-reading those I can go and finish what I was thinking about. Perhaps it even is better as it has had time to percolate.
10. I bet if you look really hard. One of my other numbers counts for two. That’s my story and I am sticking to it.
Hey look at that,I found ten things after all. I did eventually shake off my mood that started Monday.