It doesn’t seem like this should be week four. I am very proud of myself for keeping up with it. It is also getting easier and easier to find something to be thankful about in every situation. This is not to say I have left all the complaining and grumbling behind. I don’t think I ever truly will. However I do know that it is helping my mental health greatly, this looking for the positive and being grateful.
1. As odd as it seems , because we need the money, I am thankful my husband had Saturday off from both jobs. It allowed him and our daughter some bonding time and it allowed me to deal with another flare of myofascial pain syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Along with the storms that were moving in and out and throwing my arthritis in all kinds of fits. I was able to focus on resting and replenishing my body without worrying about my daughter.
2.We had a service at the beach and a potluck for our autumn equinox service. It was stormy at first but the sun did make an appearance. Good food and a good service. Here is to cooler weather. Even if it is because of the tilt of the Earth.
3. For a friend who gave me the left over Seitan Stew from the potluck. It made it an easy dinner since tonight was just me and the kid.
Not only was it too thick of rain to drive, my arthritis was just not going to be calmed down by anything. It was ticked off and was making it well known how much it didn’t like the barometric fluxes we had all day. They were individual storms roughly an hour apart.
4. Despite my schedule being changed all around, I still got off two submissions to other Magazines.
5. PLUS I got an email from Mamalode saying I will be published this FRIDAY! WOOT WOOT!
6. I had the most amazing autumn equinox walk. It was so amazing I wrote about it, here .
7. I tenaciously guard my alone time. A cola and my book fifteen to twenty minutes before the school dismissal. It is simple yet gives so much happiness.
8. More newborn snuggles. I just love it. I love that I can help my friend out a bit with some relief and I love the snuggles. I also kinda like that he doesn’t talk back….yet. It actually does make me thankful that we are past that stage. You tend to gloss over how much work it is with a newborn when you reflect back.
9. I am thankful for friends who can communicate with no words at all
This was vastly more stress relieving than any words could have achieved.
10. A second published essay. It really has helped renew my passion for writing. Check it out. If you like it please share it!
Also I am really happy to say I have figured how to attach links to words. It was something that I could do with help but when I tried on my own… it didn’t happen.
So that’s a bonus thing.