We live in the Tourist Capital of the world, in Florida. We have beaches, we have aquariums, We have so many cool places to visit. All but one of my five places is in Florida. The other one is just as gorgeous, California. So without further adieu…here they are.
1. Siesta Key , Florida. Pristine white beaches, it is not a lie. Pavilions for cook-outs, playgrounds for kids, not to mention the BEACH. The waves, the shells, the water it all adds up to a beautiful time. There is lots of things out there for kids to discover as well. Coquina’s and sharks teeth and shells, seagulls to chase!
2. Lowery Park Zoo Tampa Florida.
This zoo can easily take you a full day to experience every part of it. There are so many animals to see. There is even feeding stations! You can feed Giraffes! You can feed Rhinos! You can feed Birds who come right to your hand! Giraffe’s heads are bigger than you think, not to mention the long purple tongue! There is of course a petting zoo as well, but watch out for the Llama’s they are not easily impressed. There are plenty of variety of types of food for lunch and snack time. There is even a Starbucks. I mean what more could you ask for from a zoo?
3. I said there were aquariums and there are. Tons of them. The one we love the most is Mote Marine Aquarium in Sarasota Florida. The touch tank is always a big appeal. There is a shark movie, interactive dolphin games, shark tooth cove and stingrays you can touch. There are two buildings to explore. The more traditional aquarium part and sharks. Across the street is the turtles, manatees and dolphins. There is so much information available and learning to be had you will definitely walk away with some amazing facts. There is a cafe there so you don’t even have to go anywhere for lunch. It can take you all day if you want it to. However we have it down to a fine art and we typically go through it in two or three hours. We have been going for years though. We go at least once a year.
4. Homosassa Springs Florida, a little blink and you miss it area. However it is rich in history and so much to explore. The best part is the water is almost always 72 degrees and crystal clear. There are springs you can go swimming, snorkeling and even diving in. There is also the biggest appeal of swimming with the manatees. Minutes away is an old Sugar Mill, an archaeology park about Indian middens. The food, oh the food. Crab shacks that have fresh blue crab farms out back. This is also a place we would try and go once a year. Often we went for a weekend but have also gone for a week at one time.
5. Last is San Diego California. While this is just outside San Diego. We went to Julian to have apple pie and cinnamon Ice cream. There is so much to do there and so much to see. We went for the snow. We went for the apple pie and cinnamon ice cream. We went to visit family. Two weeks and we barely scratched the surface of San Diego and the surrounding areas. Make sure to stop at an olive oil bar and a winery or two, or three. My other favorite was the many places to get Lavender. I love lavender!
Places I have always wanted to go.
1. Ireland. I really want to go to Ireland. All over Ireland. I am Irish and I feel it calling to me.
2. Paris, Oh Paris how could anyone not want to go check out your sights, your pastries, your wines! I want the biggest shopping spree ever!
3. The Grand Canyon. This one is slightly more realistic for us. We will get there one day. I want to hike some trails, and take in the view.
4. Canada. I have friends in Canada that I would love to visit. The scenery and stuff would just be gravy.
5. The last place I would like to go to is the Amazon. What can I say. I am a nature person through and through. I want to walk in rainforests, paddle down the amazon river.