Yesterday I had a day right out of Alexander and the horrible terrible no good very bad day, except mine were adult problems. I would have loved to have the problem of gum in my hair. When I saw the link to this from Comfytown Chronicles. I thought to myself. “Self, you should do that, maybe it will get you out of your funk. So here it is.
1. I am thankful that we have a house. Even if it is a trailer and I didn’t particularly like that. It keeps us dry and most of the time cool and sheltered from the storms. A house is just the walls and roof, people make it a home.
2. I am thankful for espresso. No really. I am like super thankful. It was a moment of bliss in my day yesterday. I really wanted to just throw it back like a shot. I forced myself to take it slow and savor it. I am glad I did.
3. I am thankful for a husband who gets my chronic illness and chronic pain and works so very hard to provide for us.
4. I am thankful for a kid who for the most part is really well behaved and listens. Even if I am currently the worst and meanest mom for making her clean her room before a friend comes to spend the night.
5. I am thankful for my cats. They know my emotions better than me sometimes. They know when I need to snuggle and are not gentle about telling me. They know I need it before I even realize I need it. Now if they would just be toilet trained instead of cat litter.
6. I am thankful for my car…..and the little engine that could it has.
7. I am thankful that between my brother in law and my husband they were able to find out what was wrong with the little engine that could and give it some tender loving care.
8. I am thankful for friends who understand when I flick them off and let out a string of curse words…..there were no kids around. Then just listen to what is going on and why I was so very angry. Then buy me pastry to heal some of the emotional pain.
9. I am Thankful we live minutes away from most of our activities…..because then I can lay in bed until the last possible second.
10. I am thankful for my laptop. My phone died a sad tragic death on Thursday and this laptop is my only sanity left. Even if I can’t take pictures with it.
So there you have it.